Author Database

Post Your Book Reviews And All Other Book Related Chat.

Author Database

Postby Faltrix » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:08 pm

I'm looking for a single downloadable database with authors their books and series. I know there are some sites online but you have to go to each author individually and download. I'm looking for a single thing to download. If you have a database with the author name, series name, book name and a description (trying my luck), can you upload it for me. If I can get several people’s book lists and combine them that to will simplify things. In turn I will then upload the consolidated list when it's done.
Faltrix

Postby aihe » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:08 am

If you are looking for a list of authors/books posted at CTP - there isn't one unfortunately - the only real permanent links are our ftp ones, links to RS and other outside storage vary in the length of their availability.
Password:
Code: Select all
www.read.forumsplace.com

Or
Code: Select all
http://read.freeforum.ca
Random avatar
aihe
Founder
Founder

A list..

Postby manthgre » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:31 pm

u want a database containing details or the books themselves ?.. i started a personal project to organize the books in my collection in terms of authors and series i stopped at around 10,000 books and about 1100 authors..it is organized in terms of directories having the authors name[Second name,First name] and files having book titles -if belonging to a series series title comes before book title in the filename.. i can upload that if u want it

P.S there are naturally errors in the mostly missing series names and repetitions of books under different formats despite my efforts to keep them as perfect as possible
Random avatar
manthgre

Re: A list..

Postby v1595 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:54 am

manthgre wrote:u want a database containing details or the books themselves ?.. i started a personal project to organize the books in my collection in terms of authors and series i stopped at around 10,000 books and about 1100 authors..it is organized in terms of directories having the authors name[Second name,First name] and files having book titles -if belonging to a series series title comes before book title in the filename.. i can upload that if u want it

P.S there are naturally errors in the mostly missing series names and repetitions of books under different formats despite my efforts to keep them as perfect as possible

Yes, please. If it is not much of a trouble.
Random avatar
v1595
VIP Member
VIP Member

Return to Book Chat