How to check if...

Any Questions - Post Here

How to check if...

Postby pommekitty » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:03 am

...if a book has been transformed into an ebook or not? By that I mean: is there a way to make sure the book I intend to scan has never been scanned before and isn't available somewhere on the net?

I currently don't have many ebooks to share. I've been more of a taker than a giver.

I was planning on scanning some ebooks during the summer vacations but wanted to make sure that they weren't already available. I have some out of print books that I'd like to share. It's possible to find them used on the internet but the prices for some on these books are crazy and a lot of people are missing out. On the top of my head:

*Some books by Patricia Veryan
*Dance by Judy Cuevas
*The Windflower by Sharon and Tom Curtis
*Betrayed by judith mcwilliams
*Some of Lorraine Heath's old westerns like Texas Destiny, Sweet Lullaby, Parting Gifts
*Some Marsha Canham
Random avatar
pommekitty

Postby Claire » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:09 pm

Probably the best way of checking i know is to go to google type the name of the book followed by the word ebook.

dont know any other way
PASSWORD:
read.forumsplace.com

Claire :D

http://claired.deviantart.com/
Claire
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Patricia Cornwell
Favorite Genre: Crime, Thriller
Favorite Book: Dune by Frank Herbert
Currently Reading: Writing my own
What do you plan to read next: Unsure

Postby pommekitty » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:13 pm

Oh yes, but that would be for finding out if the book had ever been legally published as an ebook and I already know the books I mentioned haven't. I was talking about ebooks scanned by people for their own pleasure and for the purpose of sharing, the 'non-official' way as we see it done on this forum.

That's why I was wondering if there was maybe a 'mother site' where all the ebooks available were listed so that I could check if the books I planned to scan had already been done or not.
Random avatar
pommekitty

Postby Saliere » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:58 pm

I don't think there is any such master list of books that have already been converted 'cause it's not a collaborative effort and it can't, by it's very nature, be well publicized. :wink: It's nice of you to spend the time to convert the ones you have though. You mentioned an author I was looking for, Marsha Canham. :lol:
Random avatar
Saliere

Postby Claire » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:17 pm

pommekitty wrote:Oh yes, but that would be for finding out if the book had ever been legally published as an ebook and I already know the books I mentioned haven't. I was talking about ebooks scanned by people for their own pleasure and for the purpose of sharing, the 'non-official' way as we see it done on this forum.

That's why I was wondering if there was maybe a 'mother site' where all the ebooks available were listed so that I could check if the books I planned to scan had already been done or not.

You can search this site for specific books using the search on the right of the CTP logo at the top of the site, but as far as i am aware there is no master site for all book forums
PASSWORD:
read.forumsplace.com

Claire :D

http://claired.deviantart.com/
Claire
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Patricia Cornwell
Favorite Genre: Crime, Thriller
Favorite Book: Dune by Frank Herbert
Currently Reading: Writing my own
What do you plan to read next: Unsure