Thanks!

Post Your Book Reviews And All Other Book Related Chat.

Thanks!

Postby mdmartian » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:25 am

yogiligoy wrote:Thanks for the classic..

Whoever told Classics are to be stored & never read

And to my other codownloaders, 23 views for this post before me and no replies, no thanks.. :oops:

cmon, we can do more than that, just a simple thanks would do..

minbiza wrote:Hi yogiligoy,

Well shucks- :wink: 2 or 3 of those views are mine! :lol:

But I never did download it, cus already had the book.
Got it from the GreyLib russian library back in sept'02.
Now that GreyLib got new owners, most of those books are gone. :cry:

I try to look at all new posts, don't want to miss anything. :shock: :lol:

Many of those views might be just like mine. Don't want to miss
anything but hoping to find something new or different.

cya :)

mdmartian wrote:I would agree, in a way. I usually just check my upload site statistics to see how many people downloaded the books I contributed. The style of this forum, I have expected that we just put updates of the links or new links on the threads. It would be sometimes great to have some people acknowledge it, too, though.

The Librarian wrote:I am not really bothered - the way I see it is very simple though... If people like what they get, they will reply - if I don't see any replies anymore, then I know the things I offer are not wanted and I'll stop making books available or move on (as it happened in the comics and magazine section)...

hazzard wrote:I'll have to go along with The Librarian in this, its nice to get thanks but not really necessary and if whats offered isnt wanted then we move on to something else :)

Ok then. We should thank and acknowledge people for uploading books that we like. At least to let us all know what books we like. I guess I was used to forums where they discourage "Thank you" posts because they consider it as post boosting.

I like this, though. At least we will know that our contributions are not useless. :D
Password: martianbooks
Random avatar
mdmartian
Uploader
Uploader

Postby camthepirate » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:34 am

Feel free to say "Thanks" whenever you want to. I don't consider it postboosting.

Also, feel free to whip up Public interest in the site. See how many people we can pull in.
Random avatar
camthepirate
Founder
Founder

Postby The Librarian » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:36 pm

Well, you already got 1.000 users - but only 20 or so posters... more of those would be great....

And I am not so sure about more attention to the site - the eLibrary got plenty of attention, but also from the wrong corners...
The Librarian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby brifan » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:24 am

Hi everyone! I just joined the forum a few days ago and I want to give a hugh thank you to all the great people who take the time to upload books here. This is an amazing forum and I'm so glad I found it. :D
brifan

Postby Gypsy » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:00 pm

Thanks is great but not needed. I tend to thank people when they upload something I want, but I don't expect thanks for every upload I make. Just a little appreciation once in a while is nice from someone who enjoyed one of my uploads. And thats what I get. :) I don't do it for thanks. I do it to help other people like this forum and the IRC room I use has helped me.
Gypsy

Return to Book Chat