Troubles with Rapidshare

All Non-Book Related Chat

Troubles with Rapidshare

Postby MacEachaidh » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:37 am

G'day all,
I'm nearly going bats trying to get files out of Rapidshare.

Over and over, it tells me I've entered the wrong codes and "expires" the session, and then locks my IP address out for a while because I've supposedly entered the wrong codes too many times. But I'm certain that I'm not making mistakes. (Well, *definitely* not as many times as this thing says I am !!)

Is anyone else having similar problems ?

Does anyone have any suggested solution ?
MacEachaidh

Postby Qbar » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:15 am

No help really, but you have my sympathy. I struggle with Rapidshare from time to time. I'm just thankful they seem to be using a very simple, clean font lately - their fanciful letters were driving me nuts just a few weeks ago.

I guess they want us to get premium accounts, so they won't make it too, too easy :D
Random avatar
Qbar

Postby Claire » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:31 am

I found with Rapidshare that if it doesnt download and whants you to wait clear your cookies. rapidshare put a cookie saying you have to wait, if you clear cookies it may help.
PASSWORD:
read.forumsplace.com

Claire :D

http://claired.deviantart.com/
Claire
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Patricia Cornwell
Favorite Genre: Crime, Thriller
Favorite Book: Dune by Frank Herbert
Currently Reading: Writing my own
What do you plan to read next: Unsure

Postby MacEachaidh » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:34 am

Ahh, ta for that claired, mòran taing gu dearbh !
(Many thanks indeed !!)

I'll give that try (except, of course, then I lose all my login names and passwords for websites etc. Bummer.)

The being-locked-out is only really an issue because it keeps telling me I've entered the wrong code. But I'm being quite careful in entering the code, and compare it before I click the "OK" button ... and it still tells me the code is wrong.

I don't have another keyboard enabled in my OS, and I don't have any spyware or memory-resident utilities ... I'm a bit puzzled by this. Unless it's some sort of configuration at my ISP's end of things ?

Ah well, thanks for your thoughts, in any case.
MacEachaidh

Postby Claire » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:22 am

You might wanna check this Thread

http://read.forumsplace.com/message1468.html

some similar issues in there with some possible answers
PASSWORD:
read.forumsplace.com

Claire :D

http://claired.deviantart.com/
Claire
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Patricia Cornwell
Favorite Genre: Crime, Thriller
Favorite Book: Dune by Frank Herbert
Currently Reading: Writing my own
What do you plan to read next: Unsure

Postby MacEachaidh » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:56 am

Aaah, thanks.

The original post in that thread matches the symptoms of the problem that I've been experiencing, so you're right -- it's very relevant. Yes, I do have a software firewall in operation. Perhaps that's the problem. But ...

It seems strange to me that it's so very inconsistent. It will work for me maybe three times in a row, and then for the next six or so it won't work, and then suddenly it'll work maybe once, and then fail again. There's no discernible pattern.

Which leads me to ponder exactly what's happening behind the scenes on the times that it doesn't work -- what's happening then that's different from anything that's going on in the times when it does work. It makes me really feel that it would be foolish to try this without a firewall in place !

I tried using my ISP's proxy, but obviously others are also using that proxy heavily -- when I use it, RapidShare always tells me I have to wait, usually for more than an hour. I could always buy a membership, but I'm unemployed for medical reasons, and I just don't have even that amount of money to spare. (Sigh !!)

So I guess I'll have to put up with it. I know, it's self-indulgent to complain when I'm getting things for free. Pardon me, please.

In any case, I do appreciate your help.
MacEachaidh

Return to General Chat